Thursday, April 25, 2019

Teaching Demonstration Lesson Plan #1


Name:  Hye In                                                      

Grade Level: freshmen in high school

Topic/Lesson Title: English Literature Class - What is Real Love?

Source of Inspiration/ Experimental Goal

I have never taught English literature. However, in near future, I might have to teach English literature because if some students want to take an English literature course, schools have to open it. I am afraid and cautious of of teaching English Literature because I am not a native speaker of English and I do not know much about it. But, as I took a ‘short stories’ class, I thought I could start with short stories and do some activities that can stimulate their imagination and develop their creativity.


Language Skills: speaking, writing, reading, listening

Learning Objective:  (What will learners know or be able to do after your lesson?)

  1. Students will be able to talk about their thoughts and experiences regarding discussion topics.
  2. Students will be able to retell what they heard from their group members.
  3. Students will be able to co- write a cinquain poem.



Teaching Development Goals: (What do you hope to learn and/or accomplish as an educator?
                                                     Which criteria will you be focusing on improving)

I hope to lead my literature class to have a vibrant atmosphere. I want to design my class which enables students to think in different ways, share their thoughts freely, and work together with others, using English.


Materials/Tools: Computer, Projector, PPT,  Worksheets, Whiteboard, Markers


Detailed Procedure



① Review
Make Ss recall what we read and what we watched
② Group Discussion
Have Ss share their thoughts and experiences regarding discussion topics and retell what they heard from group members
③ Poem Understanding
Make Ss understand the structure of a cinquain poem and how to write one
④ Group Poem Writing
Encourage Ss to co-write a cinquain poem
⑤ Group Poem Recital
- Make Ss recite their group poem
- Make Ss guess the word in the last line of each poem
- Let Ss vote for the best one and give the winner group 2019 TTP Award

Self-reflection
- not enough time to retell what students heard from their group members
- more detailed instruction needed

No comments:

Post a Comment